In reality, a clean eating diet is simple: use as little processed ingredients as possible, and make quick and easy meals. For these reasons, clean eating has gained much popularity in the last few years. It's simple, tasty and creates a healthy lifestyle. What's not to like?
Clean eating diet can also help you lose weight, because eliminating processed ingredients eliminates refined sugar, hydrogenated oil and all the harsh artificial ingredients that induce weight gain. By simplifying your meals, you reduce unnecessary calories--and most of them develop into fat.
Today's healthy lunch and clean eating recipe reflects just the simplicity that defines clean eating.
With only five ingredients, this juicy, delicious and completely clean sandwich was a pleasure to both make and eat.
Plus, it took less than five minutes to make. We all like that, don't we?
Healthy Lunch Recipe: Avocado Tomato Open Face Sandwich
- 1 piece of whole wheat bread, slightly toasted
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, de-cored and sliced
- 2 slices of tomato
- 1 slice of all-natural swiss cheese
- 2-3 leaves of basil, broken
- 1 tea spoon of extra virgin olive oil and 1 tea spoon of organic balsamic vinegar (optional)
1. Slice toast in halve, and lay each piece on a plate.
2. Stack swiss cheese, avocado slices and tomato on top.
3. Splash basil leaves. Then drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar, if you choose to use them.
That's all. Now enjoy each bite.
Thanks again for coming by Clean Eating Weight Loss Meal Plan!
I hope you enjoy today's Healthy Lunch Recipe.
(I think you would if you're an avocado-lover.)
I also hope to see you next time!